Sunday, April 21, 2013

Stop in the Name of Love

 
 
I reached my goal, 500 sales on Ravelry before my one year anniversary of my Adirondack pattern. 504 to be exact.
 
 
 
My latest design, however, has not been for my own internet sites. I have a new design for The Yarn Company in NYC. It will be an exclusive design to them and they will sell it in a kit with the yarn. I posted my progress on Facebook and The Yarn Company will feature it in their next newsletter.
 
I started with Lorna's Laces Solemate in the Stoplight colorway, exclusive to the shop.

I had just one skein to work with. I knew it would be some kind of neck piece.  It wasn't really enough yarn for a shawl. I didn't really want a cowl.

I figured I would probably need some buttons so I checked out my glass vintage buttons. I decided on the gold translucent buttons.


It became a collar, I guess you could call it a cowl with buttons.
The pattern is called, Stop in the Name of Love. 


 
The leftover yarn became wristlets.






 

3 comments:

  1. Saw their promo amd loved it...nice work again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where Did those hands come from

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hands came from a vintage shop in Bradley Beach, NJ, Homeward Found. I saw them and I just had to have them.

      Delete